Manuscripts formerly belonging to Francis Cherry (1665-1713), acquired by the Bodleian in 1729.
Francis Cherry (1665?-1713) of Shottesbrooke, Berkshire, was a nonjuror and the friend and patron of the antiquary Thomas Hearne. He matriculated at St. Edmund Hall, Oxford, in 1682, but did not take a degree.
Cherry's manuscripts were given to the Bodleian upon the death of his widow in 1729. As well as manuscripts, Cherry was a collector of printed books, coins, and antiquities.